Training aerial work platform and scissor lift
Take an aerial work platform driver training at TVH's training centre. At TVH Academy you opt for quality thanks to our recognition according to the Qfor standard. Obtain your certificate to drive an aerial work platform and increase the safety and efficiency within your company. The aerial work platform certificate is mandatory and is valid for a period of 5 years.
You can choose the location of the aerial work platform training yourself, this can be given either with us at TVH Academy or in your company. We also offer bespoke training courses, so feel free to pass on your suggestions.
If you wish to do so, you can also take the VCA exam for below high-risk task, and in this way obtain the VCA certificate.
- IS-005 Working with a self-propelled aerial work platform
(3 hours of theory and 5 hours of practice)
Some experience with working with mobile equipment is required.
(4 hours of theory and 12 hours of practice)
For people who have no experience with working with an aerial work platform and who will use this intensively, with extra practical exercises on various types of machines
In our VCA-approved exam centre, courses consist of theoretical and practical lessons. We prepare the participants optimally so that they are completely ready to start using the self-propelled aerial work platform or scissor lift efficiently. After taking the theoretical and practical exam, you obtain the certificate.
- Legislation, liabilities and safety function
- Inspection of the aerial work platform
- Stability: reach diagram, overturning moment, environmental factors
- General safety rules and regulations, performing a LMRA
- Charging, risks and maintenance of batteries
- Characteristics and possibilities of the different types of aerial work platforms
- Visit to our rental department with the presentation of the different types of machines
The exercises consist among other things of:
- Performing a start-up check and LMRA
- Using all features and the maximum reach of the machine to get to altitude safely
- Driving equipment in restricted spaces and at altitude
- Performing the emergency lowering procedure
- Correct use of the fall arrest harness
- Parking and exiting correctly