Training course forklift truck
Take a lift truck driver training at TVH's training centre. At TVH Academy you opt for quality thanks to our recognition according to the Qfor standard. Obtain your certificate to drive a forklift truck and increase the safety and efficiency within your company. The lift truck certificate is mandatory and is valid for a period of 5 years.
You can choose the location of the lift truck training yourself, this can be given either with us at TVH Academy or in your company. We also offer bespoke training courses, so feel free to pass on your suggestions.
If you wish to do so, you can also take the VCA exam for below high-risk tasks, and in this way obtain the VCA certificate.
- AV-001 Working with a forklift truck - basis
- IS-001 Working with a forklift truck - advanced
1-day training - Working with a forklift truck – basis
3 hours of theory and 5 hours of practice
For people who will only occasionally drive a lift truck. This day course is a basic training for work situations without pressure of time and with a limited degree of difficulty.
2-day training - Working with a forklift truck – advanced
(6 hours of theory and 10 hours of practice)
For people with a first experience in working with a forklift truck and who will make frequent use of the forklift truck.
3-day training - Working with a forklift truck – advanced
(8 hours of theory and 16 hours of practice)
For people without experience in working with a forklift truck and who will make frequent and intensive use of the forklift truck.
(3 hours of theory and 5 hours of practice)
For people of whom the forklift truck certificate must be re-evaluated after 5 years, or for people who will work with the forklift truck more frequently as a result of a function change.
In our VCA-approved exam centre, courses consist of theoretical and practical lessons. We prepare the participants optimally so that they are completely ready to start using the lift truck efficiently. After taking the theoretical and practical exam, you obtain the lift truck certificate.
- Legislation, liabilities and safety function
- Inspection of the forklift truck
- General safety rules and regulations, performing a LMRA
- Analysis of the loading diagram and factors that can influence the stability of the forklift truck
- Storage methods and types of pallets
- Storage, risks and maintenance of traction batteries, taking in diesel and petrol and changing gas bottles
- Characteristics and possibilities of the different types of forklift trucks and attachments
- Visit to our rental department with the presentation of the different types of machines
We provide 1 forklift truck per 2 participants. The exercises consist among other things of:
- Performing a start-up check and LMRA
- Loading and unloading a container and a lorry
- Stacking in various ways, both on the ground and in racks up to 4 metres high
- Handling pallets and loads of various dimensions and weights
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Parking and exiting correctly