Training course truck-mounted aerial work platform
Take a truck-mounted aerial work platform driver training at TVH's training centre. At TVH Academy you opt for quality thanks to our recognition according to the Qfor standard. Obtain your certificate to drive an aerial work platform and increase the safety and efficiency within your company. The aerial work platform certificate is mandatory and is valid for a period of 5 years.
You can choose the location of the training yourself, this can be given either with us at TVH Academy or in your company. We also offer bespoke training courses, so feel free to pass on your suggestions.
If you wish to do so, you can also take the VCA exam for below high-risk task, and in this way obtain the VCA certificate.
- IS-004 Working with a truck-mounted aerial work platform
(3 hours of theory and 5 hours of practice)
Some experience with working with a truck-mounted aerial work platform is required.
In our VCA-approved exam centre, courses consist of theoretical and practical lessons. We prepare the participants optimally so that they are completely ready to start using the truck-mounted aerial work platform efficiently. After taking the theoretical and practical exam, you obtain the certificate.
- Legislation, liabilities and safety function
- Inspection of the truck-mounted aerial work platform
- Stability: reach diagram, overturning moment, environmental factors
- General safety rules and regulations
- Verification as lifting equipment
- Components of the truck-mounted aerial work platform
- Characteristics and possibilities of the different types of aerial work platforms
- Visit to our rental department with the presentation of the different types of machines
The exercises consist among other things of:
- Performing a start-up check and LMRA
- Using all features and the maximum reach of the machine to get to altitude safely
- Performing the emergency lowering procedure
- Correct use of the stabilisers and stabiliser plates
- Correct use of the fall protection equipment
- Setting the correct transport position of the truck-mounted aerial work platform