Training course rotating telehandler
Take a telehandler driver training at TVH's training centre. At TVH Academy you opt for quality thanks to our recognition according to the Qfor standard. Obtain your certificate to drive a telehandler and increase the safety and efficiency within your company. The certificate is mandatory and is valid for a period of 5 years.
You can choose the location of the training yourself, this can be given either with us at TVH Academy or in your company. We also offer bespoke training courses, so feel free to pass on your suggestions.
If you wish to do so, you can also take the VCA exam for below high-risk task, and in this way obtain the VCA certificate.
- IS-032 Working with a rotating telehandler with hoist function
2-day training course rotating telehandler
(6 hours of theory and 10 hours of practice)
For people who will use the rotating telehandler intensively. During this training, you will also learn to work with a winch. If you wish to use a safety cage, then this is only possible in combination with the training “Working with a self-propelled aerial work platform”.
In our VCA-approved exam centre, courses consist of theoretical and practical lessons. We prepare the participant optimally so that they are completely ready to start using the rotating telehandler efficiently. After taking the theoretical and practical exam, you obtain the certificate.
- Legislation, liabilities and safety function
- Inspection of the telehandler
- General safety rules and regulations, performing a LMRA
- Analysis of the loading diagram and factors that can influence the stability of the telehandler
- Storage methods and types of pallets
- Characteristics and possibilities of the different types of telehandlers and attachments
- Visit to our rental department with the presentation of the different types of machines
The exercises consist among other things of:
- Performing a start-up check and LMRA
- Loading and unloading a container and a lorry
- Changing attachments (forks, scoop, winch ...)
- Handling pallets and loads of various dimensions and weights
- Stacking in various ways, both on the ground and at altitude
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Parking and exiting correctly